Sunday, April 29, 2012

More plants, and a couple of peculiar photos.

I made another plant.
This one is meant to be sort of a palm. It's planted in a copper plumbing doodad - I have no idea what it's called, but I believe it's a piece meant to cap a copper pipe. Or something like that.

In any case, the plant is made from masking tape and florists wire, with florists foam glued into the "pot," which I spread glue on and dipped into my stolen coffee grounds for the dirt effect.

The next plant is in the works - floral tape this time. I'm flirting with the idea of doing a smaller plant, but time will tell.

Tomorrow these leaves will become a plant. Which, I think, makes me very much like God, since that is usually his job.

Besides making leaves this morning, I framed two photos.
I could not get a clearer photo of this. Although it's hard to see, the photo is of my father a very dashing young US soldier in Austria in 1946.
This one is a bit clearer. It's children waving to the train carrying the US soldiers through Austria, in 1946.

I picked up the oval frame at one of the craft stores in the scrapbooking section. Makes a lovely dollhouse frame, and I have not been able to figure out how to make an oval frame. I'm all over the square and rectangular frames, but oval is far beyond my skills.


The back of the Whitney/Primrose house. The dining room has an odd glare in the picture. I have not yet put the roof on. I did paint the foundation gray/dark gray, and my next project is to make paperclay stones for that foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment