Saturday, December 29, 2012

Making a bed

The roof is on, and the trim is attached.

I used ModPodge on the floors, and painted the upstairs ceiling yellow (after spackling the tab/slots and sanding it down).

The bed frame is glued together.

I used lightweight wood, and the legs are made of toothpicks. The bed is sitting on the box from a 1/2 scale window. I'll try to start putting a size reference item in my photos.

I've been envisioning the furnishings of this house to be fairly whimsical - I probably won't use much of the plastic furniture sets. The bed frame will be painted sort of an aqua, and I hope to have it finished tomorrow. I'll use foam for the mattress, and I have some fabric and lace to use as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment